Technologies Behind the Bitcoin and its Blockchain
About This Course
To most people, attention has always been on the cryptocurrencies such as bitcoins, ripples, litecoins…etc. However, what is behind all the hype and euphoria on these “new new” things is a much deeper and more meaningful technology, which is the blockchain. This course will explore some of the technologies behind the bitcoin and its blockchain.
- Potential disruptions from blockchain technology in financial services sector
- Proposed use cases of blockchain in financial services sector
- Cryptocurrencies and validity as currencies
- Different types of blockchain
- Blockchain structure
- Cryptographic foundations
- Miners and proof-of-work
- Storing cryptocurrencies
- Smart contracts
Module 1: The Blockchain Disruption
- Reduction of Fraud
- Syndicated Lending
- Trade Finance
- Trading Platforms
Module 2: Cryptocurrencies: The Rise of Decentralised Money
- What are Cryptocurrencies?
- What is Money?
- Are Cryptocurrencies Money?
- What is the Economic Signifcance of Cryptocurrencies?
- Challenger to the Traditional Pillars of the Financial System
Module 3: Different Types of Blockchain
- Distributed Network
- Immutable Data
- The Blockchain Structure
- Evolution of Blockchain
Module 4: Technologies Behind the Bitcoin and Its Blockchain
- Bitcoin Blockchain
- Cryptography and Cryptocurrencies
- Cryptographic Hash Functions and Blockchain
- Hash Pointers and Data Structures
- Miners and the Proof-of-Work
- Digital Signatures
Module 5: Storing and Using Bitcoins
- Simple Local Storage
- Hot and Cold Storage
- Online Wallets
- Bitcoin Exchanges
Module 6: Smart Contracts
- Common Use Cases of Smart Contracts
The Financial Training Scheme (“FTS”)
The Financial Training Scheme (“FTS”) is a training incentive scheme supported by the Financial Sector Development Fund (FSDF). The scheme supports financial sector-specific training programmes that raise the competency of the financial sector.
All our programmes are approved for listing on the Financial Training Scheme (FTS) Programme Directory and are eligible for FTS claims, subject to all eligibility criteria being met. For latest development on the Enhanced Funding Support for IBF FTS, please visit the Financial Training Scheme site.
Early Bird Discount
Enjoy 10% early bird discount when you register one (1) month before the course commencement date.