About This Course
Private Equity (PE) is a specialized field of finance that focuses on investing in privately held companies, often with the goal of taking them public or selling them for a profit. It is a dynamic and rapidly evolving industry that requires a deep understanding of financial and business analysis. Private Equity firms typically work with high-net-worth individuals, institutional investors, and corporations to identify investment opportunities in promising businesses, ranging from start-ups to mature enterprises.
This course on Private Equity is designed to provide students with an overview of the industry, its investment strategies, and the knowledge required to succeed in this exciting field.
- Understand the business of PE
- Know the difference from investing in public equity
- Understand how PE add values
- Know the various PE strategies
- Understanding the workings of a PE fund
- Know the investment considerations regarding investing in PE
- Know what is vintage year and J-curve
- Familiar with the performance of PE as an asset class
- Know the various forms of PE exits
- Know the various stages of PE funding
Module 1: The Business of Private Equity
- Major Differences from Public Equity
- Private Equity Strategies
Module 2: Private Equity Fund Structure and Fees
- Private Equity Funds
- Structure of a Typical Private Equity Fund
Module 3: Investment Considerations and Performance
- Investment Considerations
- Returns Performance
Module 4: Exits
Module 5: VC-Specific Topic: Startup Funding Stages and Pre-,Post-Money Valuation
- Pre-Money and Post-Money Valuation
- Startup Funding Stages
The Financial Training Scheme (“FTS”)
The Salmon Thrust CPD Series is aimed at raising the competencies of Covered Persons. This course is recognised under the IBF Financial Training Scheme. Completion of this course can be counted towards the fulfilment of the non-STS portion for CACS CPD.
The Financial Training Scheme (“FTS”) is a training incentive scheme supported by the Financial Sector Development Fund (FSDF). The scheme supports financial sector-specific training programmes that raise the competency of the financial sector.
All our programmes are approved for listing on the Financial Training Scheme (FTS) Programme Directory and are eligible for FTS claims, subject to all eligibility criteria being met. For latest development on the Funding Support for IBF FTS, please visit the Financial Training Scheme site.
Early Bird Discount
Enjoy 10% early bird discount when you register one (1) month before the course commencement date.