Hedge Funds: Strategies and Investment Perspectives
About This Course
To enhance the understanding of hedge fund as an alternative asset class; its myriad strategies and the risk/return characteristics of investing in it.
- Various strategies in the hedge fund industry
- Risk/return characteristics of the strategies
- Opportunities and pitfalls of investing in hedge funds in the context of a well-diversified portfolio
Module 1: Hedge Funds Classifications
- Directional Strategies
- Relative Value Strategies
- Event-Driven Strategies
Module 2: Directional Strategies
- Global Macro
- Managed Futures
- Equity Long/Short
- Dedicated Shorts
Module 3: Relative Value Strategies
- Convertible Arbitrage
- Fixed-Income Arbitrage
- Equity Market Neutral
- Volatility Arbitrage
Module 4: Event-Driven Strategies
- Merger Arbitrage
- Distressed Securities
Module 5: Multi-Strategy vs. Funds-of-Hedge Funds
- Multi-Strategy Managers
- Funds-of-Hedge Funds
Module 6: Performance of Various Hedge Fund Strategies
- Statistical Moments
- Performance of Directional Strategies
- Performance of Relative Value Strategies
- Performance of Event-Driven Strategies
- Performance of Fund-of-Hedge Funds
Module 7: Why Invest in Hedge Funds?
- Rationale for Including Hedge Funds in a Diversified Portfolio
Module 8: Let's Examine the Claims!
- Alpha vs. Beta
- Fat Tails
- Asymmetric Returns
- Sharpe Ratio
- Hedge Fund Diversification is Not a Free Lunch
The Financial Training Scheme (“FTS”)
The Financial Training Scheme (“FTS”) is a training incentive scheme supported by the Financial Sector Development Fund (FSDF). The scheme supports financial sector-specific training programmes that raise the competency of the financial sector.
All our programmes are approved for listing on the Financial Training Scheme (FTS) Programme Directory and are eligible for FTS claims, subject to all eligibility criteria being met. For latest development on the Enhanced Funding Support for IBF FTS, please visit the Financial Training Scheme site.
Early Bird Discount
Enjoy 10% early bird discount when you register one (1) month before the course commencement date.