Decipher Family Office
About This Course
As Asian wealth grows through accumulation over time there is an increasing number of families consolidating their wealth in Singapore through formal structures, such as family offices.
This 4 hours course is to enable you to understand what is family office, what roles and responsibilities are entailed by the family office, how is it set-up as well highlighting the areas of work that the family office carries out.
Who Should Attend
- Private Bankers
- Priority Bankers
- Learn the concept and framework of family office
- Understand the role and responsibilities entailed by the family office
- Gain an overall awareness of Family Office in terms of its set-up and ongoing activities carried out by the Family Office
- What is a Family Office
- What is a Single-Family Office
- What is a Multi-Family Office
- What is a Family Office set-up
- Products & Services offered by Family Offices
- Process and Procedures in a Family Office in relation to Selection of Fund Manager
- Areas to Consider before deciding to set up a Family Office:
- What are your objectives for setting up a family office?
- What assets to be held in & by the family office?
- What is the investment strategy and mandate for the family office?
- How to apply to MAS for licensing and tax exemption?
- What are the ongoing operational requirements?
- What is the business succession planning of family office?
- Is there any charitable/philanthropic organizations that the Family would like to support?
TEP, B Soc Sci (Hon), B.A. (Merit) NUS
Judy is a qualified Trust & Estate Practitioner with more than 10 years of Trust and Fiduciary experience having worked with Independent Trust Company, Fiduciary Company and bank-backed Trustees. She has assisted many Asian families to set-up Trusts and other structures for wealth creation and wealth preservation.
Judy runs her own advisory firm to provide multi-family office support and services for high net worth clients in Asia. Judy is currently also a Trust Consultant with Dacheng Wong Alliance (DCWA), a Joint-Venture law firm between Dacheng, the largest law firm in China and Wong Alliance-a Singapore-based law firm. On 28 Jan 2015, it has merged with US-Law Firm: Dentons to become the world largest law firm with more than 6,500 lawyers.
Prior to running her own advisory firm, Judy was the Head of International Trust for CTBC Private Bank, Singapore. Her previous roles in the industry includes Associate Director, Wealth Planning at LGT Bank (Singapore) Ltd, Assistant Director at EFG Trust Company (Singapore) now known as EFG Wealth Solutions, Resident Manager for EFG Trust Company at the inception of the Trust Company. She started her career with Heritage Fiduciary Services Pte Ltd and the world’s largest independent trust company-Equity Trust respectively.
Judy is fluent in written and spoken English and Mandarin.
The Financial Training Scheme (“FTS”)
The Financial Training Scheme (“FTS”) is a training incentive scheme supported by the Financial Sector Development Fund (FSDF). The scheme supports financial sector-specific training programmes that raise the competency of the financial sector.
All our programmes are approved for listing on the Financial Training Scheme (FTS) Programme Directory and are eligible for FTS claims, subject to all eligibility criteria being met. For latest development on the Enhanced Funding Support for IBF FTS, please visit the Financial Training Scheme site.
Early Bird Discount
Enjoy 10% early bird discount when you register one (1) month before the course commencement date.